IDEAS 2015, C3S2E 2015IDEAS 2015 and C3S2E 2015 are co-located in Keio University, Yokohama, Japan The meetings are from July 13-15, 2015 The target sessions included are: BIG data Business Intelligence and Data Mining applications Privacy-enhancing Technologies for Data Management Details could be found on the respective web sites. http://confsys.encs.concordia.ca/IDEAS/ideas15/ideas15.php http://confsys.encs.concordia.ca/C3S2E/c3s2e15/c3s2e15.php CFP Deadline: April 12, 2015: Papers submission deadline: Check the guide about the grace period!
ConfSys, is a complete conference management system with improved user interface and added functionalities. All users of the system are required to be registered in the system to use it. You need only one user ID and PW regardless of the number of events that you are participating in or the roles you have in any of these.
If you are not logged into ConfSys, you can only see public messages. Please Use the [Online Help] link to get context sensitive help.
- Using the initial user ID and the PW sent to you, log in the system and update your profile and insert your interests under "My Account".
- In updating your profile, you may change the user ID to a "net-name" of your choice(provided it is not taken and is not the acronym of any conference or journal managed by ConfSys).
- Since the net-name is used by the system to associate comments etc, please do not choose a net-name that may identify you (e.g. your net-name should not be your name in any form).
- Also, please indicate your interests from the current subject hierarchies. Please select all topics from the appropriate hierarchies.
- Your interests information is required in case ConfSys needs you to review a paper or you are to be on the program committee.
- ConfSys has an internal email function so it can be used to send internal mail for example to the administrator(admin). The complete record of all your communication is in this internal email box. For example, the email sent to you initially with the user id and password is in the Inbox folder of this email system. Any emails you send out is in the Sent Mail folder. One of the use is a possibility of "blind" communication between an anonymous reviewer and an author. This is useful for journal articles and helpful for conference paper where an author may occasionally need guidance or clear up some cryptic comments.
ConfSys is available for any academic meeting that you may be contemplating.
All ConfSys user have the [My Account] and [Author] two Pull down menu items in the FUnction Menu line:
Pull down menu header: [My Account]
Pull down menu header: [Author]
If you are on a committee or have been asked to review a paper, you may have additional pull down menu headers. These have function that would allow you to bid for papers, review paper, debate the results of the reviews etc.
Phases and Roles in ConfSys
Some Features of ConfSys
ConfSys is a multi-event, multi-track system to manage all the phases of an academic meeting. Most such meetings require a number of roles and phases all of which are supported in ConfSys. Depending on the needs of an event(academic meeting), the phases and milestones are set up by the administrator of the system during the initializaton of an event. ConfSys has a built in email system for reminders and blind communication among reviewers.
The tasks of the Program Chair are eased by the assistance of a FrontDesk(Secretariat) role which allows the installation of the program committee and the monitoring the progress of the submissions, review and registration process with access to various lists of participants and authors. ConfSys includes a feature to enable the Program Chair to post local messages.
ConfSys has a built in feature to recruit External reviewers and the automatic management of most conflicts of interest. It provides the control access of PC members and external reviewers to assigned papers. It has a feature of automatic paper allocations to members of the PC based on their bids and the match of their interests with the topics of the submitted papers followed by a manual tuning.
ConfSys provides for on-line submission of reviews; monitoring of the review process is via an automatic reminder to PC members, and reviewer. ConfSys has an automatic detection of controversial papers and notice of the need of a debate sent to reviewers of such papers. It provides a facility for an online BLIND debate for such controversial papers. ConfSys provides an optional BLIND author response to reviews.
ConfSys features an on-line registration system and interlock of confirmed registration before allowing the upload of the accepted final version of paper upload and optional presentation (slide) upload.
ConfSys has an automatic generation and publishing feature for interim and final programs as well as an automatic preparation of conference proceedings with front and back matter.